Getting high ping while playing Roblox games? Ping issues are common in multiplayer games and Roblox is not an exemption.
Here we have given a complete guide on how to fix high ping on Roblox.
Also read: What Is BTROBLOX And Is It Safe?
Why Is My Ping On Roblox So High?
There are several reasons for experiencing this issue and I have listed below a few of the potential causes:
- Network Congestion
- Slow WIFI Connection
- Limited Internet Connection
- Damaged Site
- Graphics Error
- Outdated Software
- Troubled Ethernet Cable
- Server Status Issue
How To Lower Ping In Roblox?
If any technical issue is getting in the way and disrupting your gaming experience then follow the troubleshooting steps for resolving this issue.
I have provided a list of fixes in the article for resolving the high-ping issue.
1) Disable A VPN Service
VPNs are good for protecting your online information, but it can result in high ping. If you are connected to a VPN, then you need to disable it to fix the high ping on Roblox.
This is how you can do it:
- First, open Settings and then click on Network and Internet and select the VPN option.
- Then, disable all the toggles.
2) Run The Internet Troubleshooter
Running the internet troubleshooter is another way of fixing this issue.
Follow the steps to do so:
- First, go to Settings and then click on System.
- Next, click on the Troubleshoot option followed by “Other Troubleshooters”.
- Then, run the internet connection troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions to follow the task.
3) Flush DNS
Flushing the DNS will clear the DNS cache from the records. Corruption in the DNS can lead to network instability and high ping on Roblox. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Type CMD in the Windows Search bar and right-click on the Command Prompt option. Choose Run as administrator.
- Now enter the following commands one by one in the elevated Command Prompt window.
- Press the Enter key after each command.
netsh int tip reset
netsh winsock reset
Restart your PC after running all the commands. If this cannot fix the problem, you can change the DNS address and see.
4) Change DNS
Sometimes the DNS server is misconfigured, and that may create problems. Changing the DNS address can fix it.
To change the DNS, follow the steps given below:
- Open Settings and then click on Network & Internet option.
- Go to Advanced network settings.
- Next, click on More network adapter options.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter you are using and open its Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 [TCP/IPv4] and open its Properties.
- Now change the value for the Preferred DNS Server Address to 22.214.171.124 and the Alternate DNS Server address to 126.96.36.199.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
5) Close Other Applications
Make sure no other application is using the internet connection and dividing the bandwidth.
In this case, using the Resource Monitor can help you in figuring out the issue.
This is how you can help it:
- First, you need to type Resource Monitor on the search button and then click on the top result.
- Then, click on the Network tab and expand the processes with Network Activity.
- Wait for a few seconds for the processes to appear.
- If you come across any unnecessary process then right-click on that option and select the End Process option.
6) Set Roblox To High Priority
To lower ping in Roblox, set Roblox to high priority in the Task Manager
- To do so, open the Task Manager and click on the Details tab.
- Find Roblox and right-click on it. Set the priority to high.
- Confirm your action by clicking on the Change Priority option.
Also read: Roblox Chat Not Working – How To Fix?
Comment below if you have any underlying doubts or queries.
Also, write to us about which method helped you in resolving the issue.